Aim and Objective
The Programme Aims :
- To educate students to become a professional construction personnel for building and managing building and infrastructure projects, supporting and enhancing economic developments and creating a better quality of life.
- To contribute to the developments and maintenance of building and infrastructural facilities and systems, especially in the local and neighbouring regions.
- To develop students’ construction-related problem-solving skills using the latest technologies.
- To equip students with knowledge of sustainable developments for the improvement of the living environment and the preservation of the natural environment.
- To understand ethical issues associated with their profession, and be able to apply their acquired knowledge and skills to the betterment of society.
- To equip students with sound skills in construction technology and management, enabling them to better meet the needs of the society and gain more flexibility in their choice of career.
- To prepare graduates for future professional career developments or pursuing their postgraduate studies in the fields of engineering and management
- Acquire knowledge in mathematics and science for applying to construction engineering and management practices.
- Analyse and interpret data relevant to construction engineering and management disciplines.
- Design a system or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate and solve construction engineering and management problems.
- Understand the importance of professional and ethical responsibilities..
- Communicate and present ideas effectively, including technical writing, oral and presentation skills.
- Understand the impact of construction engineering and management solutions in a global and societal context, especially the importance of health, safety and environmental considerations.
- Stay abreast of contemporary issues, and aware of the construction engineering impacts.
- Recognize the need for, and to engage in life-long learning.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for the construction engineering and management practices.
- Use the computer/IT tools relevant to the construction engineering and management disciplines along with an understanding of their processes and limitations.