|Dr. LU Yi, Helen
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
- Ph.D., The University of Hong Kong, 2019
- B.Sc. (Eng.), Hohai University, China, 2015
- Postdoctoral fellow, The University of Hong Kong, 2020
- Y. Lu and K. M. Lam. Two-phase flow measurement of sub-millimeter sized particles falling in water with grid-generated turbulence. Journal of Hydro-environment Research 31 (2020): 1-13.
- Wang, Y., K. M. Lam, and Y. Lu. Settling velocity of fine heavy particles in turbulent open channel flow. Physics of Fluids 30.9 (2018): 095-106.
- C. Li, M. Xu, Y. Lu, F. Fang, and J.S. Cao. Comparative analysis of microbial community between different cathode systems of microbial fuel cells for denitrification. Environmental Technology 37.6 (2016): 752-761.
Conference Paper and Presentations:
- Z.F. Han, J. CHEN, Y. Lu, Q. XU (2021). Applications of Macroinvertebrate Biotic Integrity Index in Assessing Lai Chi Wo River Quality. 18th Annual Meeting of the Asia Oceania Geosciences Society.
- Z.F. Han, J. CHEN, Y. Lu, Q. XU (2021). Relationships Between Human Factors and Mountainous River Health: A Case Study of Lai Chi Wo Stream in Hong Kong, China. 18th Annual Meeting of the Asia Oceania Geosciences Society.
- Y. Lu, J. Chen, Q. Xu, M. Peart and Z.F. Han (2019). Influence of variations of rainfall and streamflow on river water turbidity dynamics in Lai Chi Wo catchment in Hong Kong, China. The General Assembly 2019 of the European Geosciences Union (EGU).
- Y. Lu and K. M. Lam (2017). Two-Phase Velocity Measurement of Heavy Solid Particles Falling in Turbulent Water Flow. 10th International Symposium on Measurement Techniques for Multiphase Flow.
- Y. Lu and K. M. Lam (2017). Experimental investigation of the interaction between fine heavy particles and organized turbulent flows in open channel. In Proceedings of the 37th IAHR World Congress.
- Y. Lu, Q. Xu, J. Chen and Mervyn Peart (2017). Relationship Between Sediment Transport and Water Turbidity in Lai Chi Wo River in Hong Kong, China. 14th Annual Meeting of the Asia Oceania Geosciences Society.
- Y. Lu, P. Liu and K. M. Lam (2016), Experiments on the settling of heavy particles in grid-generated turbulence. 20th Congress of the Asia Pacific Division of the International Association for Hydro Environment Engineering and Research.
- Multiple-phase flow
- Visualization of turbulence
- Fluvial and alluvial deposition process
- Hydrological impacts on sediment transport
- Forecasting of sediment dynamics in mountainous area
- Catchment hydrology
- Interdisciplinary development in total environment