|Dr. PENG Yi-Xin, Yan
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
- Ph.D., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2018
- Eng, Tongji University, 2012
- Eng, South China University of Technology, 2009
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Research Assistant, 2018
- Technological and Higher Education Institution of Hong Kong, Teaching Fellow,2018-2019
- Chu Hai College of Higher Education, Hong Kong, Assistant Professor, 2019-
Membership in Professional Organisations
- CIHT (Chartered Institution of Highway and Transportation), Member, UK
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Peng, Y. X., Xu, Y. L., & Zhan, S. (2019). A hybrid DMST model for pitch optimization and performance assessment of high-solidity straight-bladed vertical axis wind turbines. Applied Energy, 250, 215-228.
- Peng, Y. X., Xu, Y. L., Zhu, S., & Li, C. (2019). High-solidity straight-bladed vertical axis wind turbine: Numerical simulation and validation. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 193, 103960.
- Xu, Y. L., Peng, Y. X., & Zhan, S. (2019). Optimal blade pitch function and control device for high-solidity straight-bladed vertical axis wind turbines. Applied Energy, 242, 1613-1625.
- PENG, Y. X., Xu, Y. L., ZHAN, S. & SHUM, K. M. (2019) High-solidity straight-bladed vertical axis wind turbine: Aerodynamic force measurements. Journal of Wind Engineering & Industrial Aerodynamics, 184, 34-48.
- Peng, Y. X., Xu, Y. L., & Zhan, S. (2019). Hybrid DMST model for high-solidity straight-bladed VAWTs. Energy Procedia, 158, 376-381.
- Xu, Y. L., Peng, Y. X., & Zhan, S. (2019) Variable pitch to high-solidity straight-bladed VAWTs for power enhancement.Energy Procedia, 158, 382-387.
- PENG, Y.X., CHEN, J. & DING, G. (2015) Walking load model for single footfall trace in three dimensions based on gait experiment. Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 54, 937-953.
- CHEN, J., PENG, Y. X. & YE, T. (2013) On methods for extending a single footfall trace into a continuous force curve for floor vibration serviceability analysis. Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 46, 179-196.
- CHEN, J., PENG, Y. X. & ZHAO, X.D. (2011) FEM simulation and field monitoring of depropping procedure of a large-span single-layer latticed shell. International Journal of Space Structures, 26, 45-58.
- LI, C., XIAO, Y. Q., XU, Y. L., PENG, Y. X., HU, G. & ZHU, S. Y. (2017) Optimization of blade pitch in H-rotor vertical axis wind turbines through computational aerodynamics simulation. Applied Energy. 212, 1107-1125.
- Yang, Y. B., Chen, H. M., Wu, S. M., Peng, Y. X., Li, C. K., Zheng, W. B., Lin, Z.L. & Guo, W. Y. (2011). Study on the C80 high-strength rock chips concrete. Key Engineering Materials, 477, 218-223.
- PENG, Y. X., XU, Y. L. & ZHAN, S. (2016) Wind tunnel tests and numerical simulation of time-varying aerodynamic forces on straight blades of a vertical axis wind turbine. The 8th International Colloquium on Bluff Body Aerodynamics and Applications. Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- PENG, Y. X. & XU, Y. L. (2015) Self-Starting performance of vertical axis wind turbines using variable pitch angle technique. ASCE Engineering Mechanics Institute International Conference. Hong Kong.
- PENG, Y. X. & XU, Y. L. (2013) Optimal pitch for enhancing power efficiency of straight bladed vertical axis wind turbines. The 6th International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure. Hong Kong.
- Wind Engineering
- Wind Energy
- Smart Control for Wind Turbines
- Structural dynamics
- Pedestrian Load and structural vibrations